Getting startedMake sure you have a recent version of Node.js. E.g. by using https://github.com/creationix/nvm
npx @capraconsulting/cals-cli --help
It is recommended to use
npxover global install to ensure you always run the latest version. If you install it globally remember to update it before running.
Building locallyClone this repo.
Use NPM to link this repo as a global package:
npm install npm run build npm link
Run the cli from any terminal/folder:
npm run build.
ContributingThis project uses semantic release to automate releases and follows Git commit guidelines from the Angular project.
Goals of CLI
- Provide an uniform way of consistently doing repeatable CALS tasks
- Provide simple guidelines to improve the experience for developers
- A tool that everybody uses and gets ownership of
- Automate repeatable CALS tasks as we go
Ideas and future work
- Automate onboarding of people
- Automate offboarding of people
- Automate generation of new projects/resources
- AWS infrastructure management, e.g. scripts such as https://github.com/capralifecycle/rvr-aws-infrastructure/blob/master/rvr/create-stack.sh
cals aws ...