Platform independent binary installer of FFprobe for node projects. Useful for tools that should "just work" in multiple environments.
Installs a binary of
ffprobefor the current platform and provides a path and version. Supports Linux, Windows 7+, and MacOS 10.9+.
A combination of package.json fields
oslets the installer only download the binary for the current platform. See also Warnings during install.
npm install --save @ffprobe-installer/ffprobe
const ffprobe = require('@ffprobe-installer/ffprobe'); console.log(ffprobe.path, ffprobe.version);
const ffprobePath = require('@ffprobe-installer/ffprobe').path; const spawn = require('child_process').spawn; const ffprobe = spawn(ffprobePath, args); ffprobe.on('exit', onExit);
const ffprobePath = require('@ffprobe-installer/ffprobe').path; const ffmpeg = require('fluent-ffmpeg'); ffmpeg.setFfprobePath(ffprobePath);
Warnings during installTo automatically choose the binary to install, optionalDependencies are used. This currently outputs warnings in the console, an issue for that is tracked by the npm team here.
AWS and/or Elastic BeanstalkIf you get permissions issues, try adding a .npmrc file with the following:
Wrong path under Electron with Asar enabledIt's a known issue that Asar breaks native paths. As a workaround, if you use Asar, you can do something like this:
const ffprobePath = require('@ffprobe-installer/ffprobe').path.replace( 'app.asar', 'app.asar.unpacked' );
The binariesDownloaded from the sources listed at ffmpeg.org:
- Linux (armhf, arm64, ia32, x64) (20210724-c253b18): https://www.johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/
- macOS (x64) (103117-g1f58503013): https://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/
- macOS (arm64) (4.4.1): https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/ffmpeg
- Windows 32-bit (20210804-7ab0207): https://github.com/sudo-nautilus/FFmpeg-Builds-Win32/
- Windows 64-bit (20210804-3b29864): https://www.gyan.dev/ffmpeg/builds/
For version updates, submit issue or pull request.
Upload new versionsIn every updated
npm run upload
- node-ffmpeg-installer - This project is a fork of ffmpeg-installer
Contributors ✨Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind are welcome!