DwebObjectsObject library for higher level Decentralized Web concepts. Builds on dweb-transports.
BackgroundThis library is part of a general project at the Internet Archive (archive.org) to support the decentralized web.
- to allow a API that can be used to build functionality in the Dweb easier.
Installation and usage in the Browser
- Install npm & node
- Clone this repo and cd to it.
npm buildwill create dist/dweb-transports-bundle and dweb-objects-bundle.js
npm setuphttpwill setup some links we haven't persuaded webpack to do!
Running the examples in the BrowserThe examples can run either from the dweb.me/examples server, or once the source is checked out, locally from your file system.
By default each of these examples runs multiple transports, and is smart if it cannot connect to one or the other.
- Simple text creation and retrieval: exampleblock.html
- Simple dict creation and retrieval: examplesmartdict.html
- List creation and retrieval: examplelist.html
- UI for Academic docs - centralised search; decentralized retrieval: exampleacademic.html
- Authentication: Managing locks and keys examplekeys.html
- Versions of a single document: exampleversions.html
Browser Support: This should work on Chrome and Firefox (Safari doesn't support many newer features but appears to work),
Transport choice: You can deselect transports by clicking the Green indicator on an example. To prevent it connecting in the firstplace, you can supply paused=HTTP or paused=IPFS or paused=WEBTORRENT or paused=YJS to the url.
Adding to a HTML application
- Add to your
See the examples in the dist directory of this repo for some example code.
See API.md for the detailed API.
- Clone this repo.
Incorporation in a Node applicationAdd to
"@internetarchive/dweb-transports": "latest", "@internetarchive/dweb-objects": "latest",
npm installwill then install
dweb-transportswhich currently includes
const DwebTransports = require('@internetarchive/dweb-transport') #adds the transports const DwebObjects = require('@internetarchive/dweb-objects;) #adds the object library
- TODO writeup how to require only some of the transports.
- Then see usage API below
See alsoSee Dweb document index for a list of the repos that make up the Internet Archive's Dweb project, and an index of other documents.
- 0.1.23 2019-06-18 Local root tree instead of fetching with contenthash
- 0.1.22 Include Wolk changes to names