<img alt="bigbluebutton" width="60" src="https://higheredlab.com/wp-content/uploads/hel_icon.png" />
Integrate online classes into Strapi CMS via BigBlueButton open-source video conferencing.
This free plugin also provides API end-points to easily setup start and join buttons for web conferencing into any frontend app.
The BigBlueButton-Strapi plugin enables you to integrate BigBlueButton into Strapi.
✨ FeaturesBigBlueButton offers you everything you need for your online classes: HD audio/video conference, whiteboard, chat, slides, polling, raise hand and breakout rooms. Specifically,
- HD Video Start online classes with HD video conferencing, public and private chat, whiteboard, poll, presentation and screen-sharing
- Analytics Get analytics including attendance, time used for audio and video chat by students, chat messages sent, activity score
- Engagement Tools Various tools to engage students including Raise hand, Emoji, Shared notes, Breakout rooms, Recording, and annotation
- Branding Build and promote your online classes with your brand, url, logo and theme
- Data Privacy Get complete control of your students’ data, without ever sharing with any 3rd party
- Scale with ease Use open-source load balancer with multiple BigBlueButton servers to teach 1000s of students simultaneously
🖐 RequirementsThe requireemnts to install the BigBlueButton-Strapi plugin is same as those to install Strapi.
Please refer to the official Strapi installation requirement doc here: Installation Requirements.
Minimum environment requirements
We are following the official Node.js releases timelines.
Supported Strapi versions:
- Strapi v4.1.12 (recently tested)
- Strapi v4.x
The BigBlueButton-Strapi plugin is designed for Strapi v4.x. It won't work with Strapi v3.x.
⏳ InstallationUse npm to install this plugin within your Strapi project (recommended).
Refer to this doc to install npm
npm i bigbluebutton-strapi
After successful installation you would need to build a fresh package that includes the BigBlueButton-Strapi plugin UI. Please execute the commands below:
# with npm (option 1) $ npm run build $ npm run develop # with npx (option 2) $ npx strapi build $ npx strapi develop
The BigBlueButton-Strapi plugin should appear in the Plugins section of Strapi sidebar after you run app again.
Now you are ready to launch your onlie classes 🎉
🔧 ConfigurationYou can replace the default BigBlueButton URL and Secret with your own server details.
- Click on
Configure Your BigBlueButton URL and Secret.
- On the configuration page, you can test with the default BigBlueButton URL and Secret. Later on, you can provide your own server details.
- Click on the Save button to verify the server connection and save it.
In case you don't have a BigBlueButton server, you can create a free trial account here.
📝 LicenseMIT License
Copyright (c) HigherEdLab.com.