mgrsUtility for converting between WGS84 lat/lng and MGRS coordinates, spunoff from proj4js
has 3 methods
- forward, takes an array of
[lon,lat]and optional accuracy and returns an mgrs string
- inverse, takes an mgrs string and returns a bbox.
- toPoint, takes an mgrs string, returns an array of 'lon,lat'
install dev dependencies with
npm run build
Licensed under the MIT license except:
Portions of this software are based on a port of components from the OpenMap com.bbn.openmap.proj.coords Java package. An initial port was initially created by Patrice G. Cappelaere and included in Community Mapbuilder (http://svn.codehaus.org/mapbuilder/), which is licensed under the LGPL license as per http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html. OpenMap is licensed under the this license agreement
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MilitaryGridReferenceSystem
- GEOTRANS: https://earth-info.nga.mil/#geotrans