This submodule contains all the Ethereum contracts and tests for MACI.
The main contract to which all on-chain interactions should occur.
It should not contain much code besides its constructor function. Rather, it should inherit from the following contracts, each of which defines a specific class of functions:
- Defines all contract storage variables and constants. All data pertaining to a poll resides here.
- Defines `struct`s that represent domain objects.
- Defines functions that interact with external contracts (i.e. sign-up gatekeepers and voice credit oracles).
- Defines functions for voters (i.e. sign up and publish messages).
- Defines functions for coordinators (i.e. process and tally votes).
- Defines convenience view functions, particularly those which are more complex than reading a single variable.
Contracts with cryptographic functions including hash functions.
Merkle tree contracts.
zk-SNARK verifier contracts.
Contracts with convenience functions for tally verification.
Contracts with testing and gas benchmark functions only for development purposes.