React Transition HooksThe goal of this component is supply a better alternative to ReactTransitionGroup. Why? Because, ReactTransitionGroup animations can not be interrupted. So, if you are with a component entering the group it can not leave until the entering phase is complete. Plus, Facebook will drop support for ReactTransitionGroup soon.
If you have a component currently using ReactTransitionGroup you can just change your import with this component and everything should work as expected.
Demo using ReactInlineTransitionGroup
How to install
npm install react-transition-hooks
HooksThis component uses the same API names of ReactTransitionGroup.
- componentWillAppear(callback): Called right after componentDidMount. This is called for the children inside the group for the first render. After the first render this will never be called again.
- componentDidAppear(): Called when the callback passed to componentWillAppear is called.
- componentWillEnter(callback): Called when a component just entered the group.
- componentDidEnter(): Called when the callback passed to componentWillEnter is called.
- componentWillLeave(callback): Called when a component is leaving the group.
- componentDidLeave(): Called when the callback passed to componentWillLeave is called. This is called right after componentWillUnmount.